The northern part of Baja California has an ideal climate for growing grapes. The valleys of Calafia, Guadalupe and San Antonio de las Minas constitute the heart of the Baja California wine country, producing a wide variety of wines such as chardonnay, chenin blanc, sauvignon blanc, barbera, cabernet, syrah, tempranillo, merlot and cabernet franc. On a historical note, the Bodegas de Santo Tomas wineries continue to use the grape varieties planted by Jesuit missionaries in the 18th century.
Explore the beautiful and growing wine region of Valle de Guadalupe just an hour and half south of the US border. It makes for a great overnight trip, however we also offer a day trip option as well.
This 1 night, 2 day trip includes the following…
- Transportation to and from Ensenada from San Diego, CA (Pickup in Los Angeles, CA is $100 extra)
- Early morning light hike to the stunning El Salto Canyon
- 2 days of Exploring the wine region visiting stunning wineries like El Cielo, Las Nubes and many others
- First two tastings each day and winery tour
- See the beautiful coast and the famous La Bufadora (The Blowhole)
- 1 nights accommodations (Luxury accommodations available at additional cost)
- All parking & toll road costs
*** All other food and drinks not included ***
Price: $299 per person
- Wine Region Tours: Dates Available – Starting February 2019